The percussion institute provides opportunities for highly motivated students to work with world-class faculty in many different percussion disciplines. Master classes and ensemble opportunities will be available on marimba, timpani, world percussion, drum set and orchestral percussion.
- Perform in master classes
- Have individualized learning opportunities with an institute faculty member
- Play in a variety of ensembles
How to Apply
- Prepare the required materials listed below.
- Complete the online application.
- Submit your audition materials online.
One letter of recommendation from private teacher or band director that outlines the student’s motivation, skill level, and note reading proficiency. Upload the letter in PDF format.
Students interested in a multi-week, ensemble-based program are invited to also apply to the high school summer orchestra and wind symphony program, which begins immediately after this one-week institute.
Interlochen is also home to the Arts Academy boarding high school, which offers a percussion major for grades 9-12, as well as a post-graduate year.