At the one-week bassoon institute, you’ll have the opportunity to learn from an accomplished faculty, alongside other motivated student bassoonists. Whether you are a developing or advanced player, an intensive schedule of daily clinics and rehearsals will help you flourish.
The goal of this program is to prepare you for further study and explore your potential as a bassoonist, in high school and beyond. During the institute, you will participate in the following:
- Daily reed-making classes
- Daily bassoon ensemble rehearsals
- Individual practice time
- Large bassoon ensemble
- Attend evening performances by distinguished faculty and guest artists
You will also learn
- how to get the most out of your practice time
- the art of tone production
- how reeds work
- how to cope with performance anxiety
- about the college audition process
This program does not require an audition, and enrolls on a first-come, first-served basis, so early application is advised. Experienced players are encouraged to apply to the Advanced Bassoon Institute, which is held on the same dates.