At the one-week Bassoon Intensive, you’ll have the opportunity to learn from an accomplished faculty, alongside other motivated student bassoonists. Whether you are a developing or advanced player, a rigorous schedule of daily clinics and rehearsals will help you flourish.
The goal of this program is to prepare you for further study and explore your potential as a bassoonist, in high school and beyond. During the intensive, you will participate in the following:
- Daily reed-making classes
- Daily bassoon ensemble rehearsals
- Individual practice time
- Large bassoon ensemble
- Attend evening performances by distinguished faculty and guest artists
You will also learn
- how to get the most out of your practice time
- the art of tone production
- how reeds work
- how to cope with performance anxiety
- about the college audition process
Faculty appointments for Arts Camp 2021 will be finalized in spring.