The Advanced Flute Intensive is an outstanding summer program for the serious, experienced flutist. This one-week program provides students with the opportunity to work with internationally recognized flutists while receiving personalized instruction in master classes, private lessons, and workshops. Students also attend faculty performances and are afforded ample individual practice time.
Master classes encompass both the art and craft of advanced flute playing, addressing tone development, all aspects of control and technique, stage presence and artistry, and including the following:
- Solo repertoire to include concerti, sonatas, other solo works from the standard literature (collaborative pianist provided for accompanied works)
- Orchestral excerpts
Additional offerings include:
- 30-minute private lessons
- Workshops on: Preparing for college auditions, Managing performance anxiety, Improvisation
- Stretching and Pilates for Flutists class
- Solo performance opportunity
Faculty appointments for Arts Camp 2021 will be finalized in spring.