The one-week trumpet institute provides students in grades 9-12 an opportunity to enhance and develop skills in all styles of trumpet performance. Students will join world-renowned artist teachers in rehearsals, classes and performances.
- Master classes focus on fundamentals, breathing, repertoire and jazz techniques through student performance and engagement with the faculty.
- Advanced repertoire will include standard solo works, chamber music literature and standard orchestral repertoire required at most auditions for colleges and professional orchestras.
- Trumpet ensemble rehearsal and performances strengthen ensemble skills.
How to Apply
- Prepare the materials listed below.
- Complete the online application.
- Submit your audition materials online.
- Video or audio files #1 and #2: Two solo works of contrasting style.
Students interested in a multi-week, ensemble-based program are invited to also apply to the high school summer orchestra and wind symphony program or the high school jazz summer program, both of which are held immediately following this one-week institute.
Interlochen is also home to the Arts Academy boarding high school, which offers a trumpet major for grades 9-12, as well as a post-graduate year.