The flute institute is your opportunity to spend a week of intensive study with a distinguished faculty of performers and teachers. During your time here, you will participate in daily master classes, focusing on solo repertoire and orchestral excerpts.
Paula Robinson, an American flutist who has appeared as a soloist with the New York Philharmonic and co-founded the Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center, was welcomed as a guest instructor at the Summer Flute Institute at Interlochen Arts Camp 2012.
The goal of this program is to help prepare you for further serious flute study in high school and beyond. Designed for motivated flutists currently in grades 9-12, this program features:
- Individual meeting with faculty upon arrival to discuss personal goals for the week
- Daily master classes to help you improve your artistry, technical skills, and musicianship
- Warm-up and practice technique workshops
- Improvisation workshop
- Stretching and pilates for flutists
- Discussion panels on audition preparation and overcoming performance anxiety
You will also rehearse with an all-flute chamber ensemble, and participate in and enjoy student and faculty performances. Each summer, the flute institute faculty includes performers and educators from major symphony orchestras, conservatories, and universities, and Interlochen Arts Academy.