Top row, from left to right: JoAnn Falletta, Dr. Leslie B. Dunner, and Cristian Macelaru. Bottom row, from left to right: Erik Nielsen, Jung-Ho Pak, and Mei-Ann Chen.
Interlochen Center for the Arts is pleased to announce the World Youth Symphony Orchestra guest conductors for the 2019 summer session.
The 2019 guest conductors are:
- Cristian Măcelaru, Chief Conductor Designate, WDR Sinfonieorchester; Music Director and Conductor, Cabrillo Festival of Contemporary Music
- Mei-Ann Chen, Music Director, Chicago Sinfonietta; Artistic Director, Conductor, National Taiwan Symphony Orchestra Summer Festival
- Dr. Leslie B. Dunner, Interim Artistic Director and Music Director, South Shore Opera Company; Resident Conductor, Detroit Symphony Orchestra; Conductor, Interlochen Arts Academy Orchestra
- JoAnn Falletta, Principal Conductor, Ulster Orchestra; Music Director, Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra and Virginia Symphony Orchestra
- Erik Nielsen, Music Director, Basel Theater; former Principal Conductor of the Frankfurt Opera
- Jung-Ho Pak, Artistic Director and Conductor, Cape Cod Symphony Orchestra
Repertoire for the season will include Stravinsky’s The Rite of Spring, Tchaikovsky’s Symphony No. 5, Shostakovich’s Symphony No. 11, Mozart’s Symphony No. 39, Dukas’ The Sorcerer's Apprentice, and more. Listen to this summer’s selections with the help of our curated Spotify playlists. Note: A free Spotify account is required to listen to the playlists.
Interlochen Center for the Arts is now accepting applications for all Interlochen Arts Camp programs. For more information on the application process, contact Interlochen’s Office of Admission and Financial Aid at 800.681.5912 or 231.276.7472 or email@example.com.
Week 1 Spotify Playlist
To be performed on June 30, 2019 under the direction of Cristian Macelaru.
Week 2 Spotify Playlist
To be performed on July 7, 2019 under the direction of Mei-Ann Chen. Not listed: "Masquerade" by Anna Clyne. A recording of "Masquerade" can be found on YouTube.
Week 3 Spotify Playlist
To be performed on July 14, 2019 under the direction of Dr. Leslie B. Dunner.
Week 4 Spotify Playlist
To be performed on July 21, 2019 under the direction of JoAnn Falletta. Not listed: "Close Up at a Distance" by Ryan Lindveit.
Week 5 Spotify Playlist
To be performed on July 28, 2019 under the direction of Erik Nielsen.
Week 6 Spotify Playlist
To be performed on Aug. 4, 2019 under the direction of Jung-Ho Pak.