Designed for highly skilled and motivated string players in grades 3-6, the advanced strings program is an excellent opportunity to push the boundaries of your abilities. You will tackle challenging literature, receive extensive personal instruction, and perform with other passionate young musicians from around the world.
During your four weeks here, you will have a variety of rehearsals, classes, activities, and performances. Students participate in:
- The Junior String Orchestra (view 2019 repertoire, 2020 repertoire coming soon), a large ensemble that rehearses two hours daily, has two public performances during the four-week session.
- Sectionals, music theory, and movement exercises are held on a rotating daily schedule.
- Weekly private lessons, with dedicated practice time on non-lesson days.
- Daily chamber music activities, in which you will participate in string quartets, and may also have the opportunity to audit master classes and receive coaching from renowned visiting guest artists.
- Practice hour, which provides additional daily practice time.
While students in the advanced strings program do not take elective classes, you will have many opportunities to enjoy presentations in music, dance, film, creative writing, theatre, and visual arts.