Designed for the highly skilled and motivated young pianist, the four-week Advanced Piano Summer Program is a life-changing summer opportunity. You will grow as a musician and develop skills as you tackle challenging literature and take music classes with our experienced and encouraging faculty.
At Interlochen, you will live, learn, and perform with other talented students from around the world who share your passion for music.
Enrollment in the Advanced Piano Summer Program is limited to eight students. We recommend early application to ensure your place in the program.
Students participate in:
- Weekly private lessons with our nationally-recognized faculty.
- Performance opportunities, including Advanced Junior Piano Recitals and Junior Honors Recitals (learn more about auditioning for the Junior Honors Recital).
- Chamber music activities, which include collaboration with students from the Advanced Junior Strings program, and opportunities to perform with other Advanced Junior pianists in two piano, eight-hand ensembles.
- Piano hour: Daily class that includes performance topics, practice strategies, master classes, listening activities, piano literature, music history lessons, an exploration of keyboard instruments, and other topics.
- Daily Applied Musicianship classes: Small group classes focusing on technique, keyboard theory, aural exercises and dictation.
- Two daily supervised practice sessions on some of the 240 pianos on Interlochen’s scenic campus.
- Round out your experience with an elective class. You can choose electives in music, or use the opportunity to study another art form.