Develop your skills as a musician and as an ensemble player in the winds and percussion summer program. You will increase your musical awareness and challenge your technical proficiency through valuable ensemble experiences.
Intermediate Wind Symphony (view 2020 repertoire). With the wind symphony, you will perform two public concerts during the three-week session. Advanced students may have the opportunity to join the Intermediate Symphony Orchestra (view 2019 repertoire; selection will be made during the audition process).
Program Details (for students in Wind Symphony only):
- You will have daily rehearsals, including two sectionals per week.
- You will receive weekly private lessons with a member of our distinguished faculty, and dedicated practice times with the guidance of teaching assistants on days when no lesson is scheduled.
- You can further round out your experience with two elective classes. Choose electives from within the music department, or take the opportunity to explore another art form (see elective options).
Program Details (for students in Wind Symphony and Symphony Orchestra):
- You will rehearse with the Wind Symphony and Symphony Orchestra daily. Each ensemble also has weekly sectionals.
- You will have weekly private lessons with a member of our distinguished faculty, and dedicated practice time with the guidance of teaching assistants on lesson off-days.
- You will have the opportunity to take one additional elective, either in music or another art form (see elective options).
- Performance skills class is held daily. In this class you will cover practical topics and participate in interactive discussion enhanced through master classes and chamber ensemble sessions.