At Interlochen, you'll spend three weeks immersed in the world of jazz. Led by Berklee College of Music faculty member and ear training department chair Allan Chase, our faculty of accomplished performers and educators will help you broaden your understanding of jazz, and help you grow as an improviser and musician. You will take private lessons from jazz experts. You’ll perform in both small and large ensembles with fellow jazz students who share your love for one of the quintessential American art forms.
Personalized instruction will be provided during rehearsals and classes. Your classes will include:
- Master classes with faculty and guest artists
- Jazz improvisation, theory, and musicianship skills
- Jazz history and creative concepts
- Jazz forum, an opportunity for students and faculty to convene in a masterclass setting
- Open mic: opportunities for informal student performances
You will also enjoy the artistic vitality at Interlochen, attending student and faculty presentations in theatre, music, film, creative writing, dance, and visual art. And each summer, we present an impressive lineup of world-renowned classical, jazz, and popular guest artists.