The flute institute is your opportunity to spend a week of intensive study with a distinguished faculty of performers and teachers. During your time here, you will participate in daily master classes, focusing on solo repertoire and orchestral excerpts.
Paula Robinson, an American flutist who has appeared as a soloist with the New York Philharmonic and co-founded the Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center, was welcomed as a guest instructor at the Summer Flute Institute at Interlochen Arts Camp 2012.
At the one-week flute institute, you will have the opportunity to learn from accomplished faculty as you develop your knowledge, skills, and artistry. The intensive schedule of master classes, workshops, and ensemble playing will help prepare you for success in high school and beyond as you learn to make the most of your practice time alongside other motivated flutists. Students also attend faculty performances and are afforded ample individual practice time.
Master classes focus on solo repertoire, stage presence, ensemble work with piano, and technical growth.
- Workshops: Warm-up and practice techniques (tone, vibrato, intonation, articulation, breathing technique, finger technique)
- Additional Workshops on: Preparing for college auditions, Managing performance anxiety, Improvisation
- Stretching and Pilates for Flutists class
- Master classes: one solo performance and observation of advanced flute institute classes
- Small flute ensemble rehearsals, coachings, and performance