At the one-week Clarinet Intensive, you will have the opportunity to learn from accomplished faculty as you develop your knowledge, skills, and artistry. The schedule of master classes, workshops, and ensemble playing will help prepare you for success in high school and beyond as you learn to make the most of your practice time alongside other motivated clarinetists. Students also attend faculty performances and are afforded ample individual practice time.
Master classes focus on solo repertoire, stage presence, and technical growth. Offerings include:
- Workshops on fundamentals exercises (tone, technique, articulation, voicing, and breathing)
- Additional workshops on college auditions, practice techniques, and historical clarinets
- Alexander technique for clarinetists class
- Master classes: one solo performance and observation of advanced clarinet institute classes
- Small clarinet ensemble rehearsals, coachings, and performance
Faculty appointments for Arts Camp 2021 will be finalized in spring.