If you seek an encouraging community of artists where you can achieve unparalleled musical growth, our three-week piano summer program is the opportunity you've been looking for. During your time here, you will be guided by an accomplished faculty as you work to develop skills and grow as an artist.
At Interlochen, you will live and learn with fellow students from around the world who share your passion for music. Expand your knowledge and improve your abilities through daily literature, studio, performance, and master classes. You will also improve your sight-reading and functional keyboard skills, as well as collaborative piano skills. In this supportive environment, you'll have access to hundreds of pianos throughout campus.
The summer piano program includes:
- Weekly private lessons with a member of the distinguished piano faculty and dedicated practice time on days when no lesson is scheduled.
- An additional daily practice hour is also built into your schedule.
- Piano skills and performance strategies focus on developing functional keyboard skills through sight reading and ensembles, technique study and keyboard theory, in a small group setting.
- Piano hour is offered daily, and features studio classes with piano faculty, master classes, recital hours, and covers topics such as musician wellness and performance anxiety.
- Students take one piano elective class. Options include beginning organ, piano ensemble, piano seminar, or beginning jazz piano.
Piano majors round out their experience with one additional elective class. Your elective may be in music, or you can take the opportunity to explore another art form, such as creative writing, theatre, film, dance, or visual art. (See elective options.)
When you're not in class, you'll have numerous opportunities to enjoy student, faculty, and renowned guest artist presentations in a variety of art forms.
Each session of this program is three weeks long, and students are welcome to attend two three-week sessions. A multiple session discount is offered.