The intermediate harp summer program, for students in grades 6-9, promotes serious individual study as well as ensemble skills. Concentration on the student's solo repertoire and overall musical growth extends from private lessons to studio classes. Daily harp ensemble is also an integral part of the curriculum. Studio classes, woven into the harp ensemble schedule, provide performance practice, practice help and work with general music topics and techniques.
The large ensemble aspect of the program will support the orchestras, wind symphony and choir. Rotation of the harpists for the camp ensembles will allow for quality practice time and preparation for students recitals, when appropriate.
- Orchestra or wind symphony rehearsals
- Daily harp ensemble
- Private lessons are given weekly.
- Dedicated practice time is available on days when no lesson is scheduled.
- One additional elective (see elective options)
Interlochen offers a separate concerto competition for High School and Intermediate divisions. Winners in the High School division will perform with one of the division’s orchestral or wind ensembles. Concerto competition details >>
How to Apply
- Prepare the materials listed below.
- Complete the online application.
- Submit your audition materials online.
Audio or Video Files #1 and #2: Two solo works of contrasting style. There is no required repertoire for intermediate applicants but the audition should demonstrate the applicant’s overall ability. Piano accompaniment is optional.