Designed for serious rock band performers, this program is an opportunity for students to explore the entire process of staging a full rock show: selecting material, creating transcriptions, arranging charts, rehearsing with a band and performing on stage.
Enrollment is limited to 30 students who will be placed into bands consisting of lead guitar, rhythm guitar, bass, drums, keyboard and vocalists. All instrumentalists will be encouraged to sing as well.
Daily theory classes include ear-training, transcription, form, song composition, and the history of rock music.
Topics covered include:
- Band etiquette (interpersonal and musical ensemble skills)
- The formal structure and history of the music
Ability to read music or chord charts (music will not be written in tablature).
How to Apply
- Prepare the materials listed below.
- Complete the online application.
- Submit your audition materials online.
- One video file: A solo or group performance featuring your skills in a rock setting.