The cello institute brings together motivated students for a week of intensive study with accomplished artist-teachers who have a diverse background of skills and experience. The seminar ends with a concert of selected student soloists and cello ensemble.
- Daily master classes focus on a wide range of essential cello techniques
- Performance classes
- Improvisation classes
- Career seminars
- Cello ensemble rehearsals and performance
- Orchestral excerpt classes and mock audition
- Opportunities for private instruction
Select and record two of the following:
- One movement of a standard concerto
- One movement of a Bach Suite
- A Popper Etude (High School of Cello Playing)
Students interested in a multi-week, ensemble-based program are invited to also apply to the high school summer orchestra program, which begins immediately after this one-week institute.
Interlochen is also home to the Arts Academy boarding high school, which offers a cello major for grades 9-12, as well as a post-graduate year.