This video highlights moments during the advanced modern dance and advanced ballet intensive during Camp 2010.
The advanced ballet intensive is a focused week for ballet students to work with master instructors from the professional dance community in an inspiring and challenging atmosphere. Students will expand their ballet technique with additional emphasis placed on artistry, coordination and movement quality.
We are no longer accepting applications for this summer 2014 program. We would love for you to join us next summer! Sign up to receive information about summer 2015
- To ensure individual attention and growth, class sizes will be limited.
- A ballet technique class will be offered daily with pointe, men's virtuoso technique, variations, pas de deux and repertory complemented with neo-classical movement and body conditioning.
- Dance-related topics such as health, audition preparation and résumé composition will be addressed.
Students must have had six years of ballet training with at least three years on pointe.
Image file: a photograph taken in the first arabesque.
PDF file: a resume list of training experiences. Please include subject (modern, ballet, jazz, composition, other), dates, names and locations of schools and names of teachers.
Video file #1: center floor exercises (no barre)
- Grand Adagio – including développés in each position, promenades and pirouettes.
- Petit Allegro – including jêtés and assemblés.
- Grand Allegro – including grand jêtés, grand jêtés entrelacé and tour en l’air for men.
Video file #2: a solo piece no longer than two minutes that best exemplifies the applicant’s technical and artistic abilities. (Ladies are encouraged to perform en pointe.)
Interlochen is also home to the Arts Academy boarding high school, which offers a dance major for grades 9-12, as well as a post-graduate year.
Director of Dance, Interlochen Center for the Arts
Professional Dancer, Dallas Ballet and Joffrey Ballet; Ballet Master and Co-Associate Director for The Joffrey Ballet (1993-2008)