Parents of campers that attend Interlochen Arts Camp share about their Interlochen experience.
Welcome! We are currently accepting applications for the 2017 season of Interlochen Arts Camp. Important information and forms for families are posted here.
Located in northwestern lower Michigan, Interlochen is a part of the Grand Traverse region, which is a popular travel destination. If you plan to accompany your child to or from Interlochen, we hope you have some time to explore our beautiful area. There's a lot to see and do, and we've put together some of our favorite Traverse City events, attractions, restaurants, and online resources.
Arrival/Departure and Travel Information
One Week Institute Arrival and Departure Information
High School Boys and Girls Arrival and Departure Information
Intermediate Boys and Girls Arrival and Departure Information
Junior Boys and Girls Arrival and Departure Information
Click here to reach the Travel Information section of the Camp Student and Family Handbook
Completing Forms in Aspen
Nearly all forms, both required and optional, are completed through the Aspen Family Portal. We suggest families new to this system view this tutorial video before beginning this process. For returning families, the process is the same as last year. Click the family tab at the top to begin.
Registering for Electives
To request elective classes for your student:
- Please click on the Family tab at the top of this page.
- Check the box next to your student's name. If you have more than one student attending camp, repeat these steps for each child, respectively.
- Click on the Schedule tab on the left hand side of the screen.
- Follow the instructions to make primary and alternate requests.
Questions regarding electives should be directed to email@example.com
Student schedules will be available to view in June. All students will receive a paper copy of their schedules upon arrival at camp.
The Student and Family Handbooks and Packing Lists
Student and Family Handbooks and Packing Lists
Click here to submit a question. Please allow 1-3 business days for a response depending on the time of year. Our busiest times are May and June.
Institute Draft Schedules
Draft schedules for the one-week Institute programs (June 17-23) are posted below. Final schedules will be distributed to students when they arrive on campus in June.
- Academic - College Counseling and Test Prep Institute
- Creative Writing - Novel Writing Institute
- Dance - Advanced Ballet Intensive Institute
- Dance -Advanced Modern Intensive Institute
- Music - Advanced Bassoon Institute
- Music - Advanced Oboe Institute
- Music - Bassoon Institute
- Music - Cello Institute
- Music - Clarinet Institute
- Music - Double Bass Institute
- Music - Flute Institute
- Music - Horn Institute
- Music - Oboe Institute
- Music - Percussion Institute
- Music - Piano Institute
- Music - Saxophone Institute
- Music - Trombone, Tuba and Euphonium Institute
- Music - Trumpet Institute
- Music - Viola Institute
- Music - Violin Institute
- Theatre - Musical Theatre Audition Intensive Institute
- Theatre - Shakespeare Bootcamp Institute
- Visual Arts - Drawing and Painting Institute
- Visual Arts - Jewelry and Metalsmithing Institute
- Visual Arts - Preparing a Portfolio for College Institute
Click here for the 2017 performance schedule.
Ordering Student Tickets for Guest Performances
Special Guest Artist Performances Only - Not for Student Performances
Students have the opportunity to attend performances that are part of the Interlochen Presents 2017 Interlochen Arts Festival performance series. If you would like your child to attend any of these concerts, tickets must be purchased using this process.
Tickets are non-refundable.
Student tickets for the Interlochen Presents 2017 Interlochen Arts Festival performance series may be purchased starting April 29.
Students should not use the public link on Interlochen's box office website.
The deadline for purchasing these tickets is one week prior to the event.
Popular shows sell quickly.
Students do not need to order tickets for student events.
Camp life staff arrange for students to sit with chaperones.
Some events can run very late. Interlochen staff reserves the right to limit concert selections or have students leave a performance early.
TICKETS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE
Families do not use this process for ordering their own tickets. Families may order their own tickets to any of the Interlochen Presents 2017 Interlochen Arts Festival performances at http://tickets.interlochen.org
Ordering Camp Uniforms
Students in the Junior, Intermediate and High School divisions wear a uniform. Students in one-week Institute programs do not wear uniforms. More information about the uniform can be found in this section of the Camp Student and Family Handbook. There are three ways to order uniform pieces and supplies:
- Download the printer-friendly order form available here and mail it in
- Complete the online form at http://shop.interlochen.org
- Call the Interlochen Scholarshop at 800.681.5931 (Monday-Friday, 10am - 4pm Eastern Time)
Email questions or comments: firstname.lastname@example.org
High School Orchestra and Wind Symphony Audition Excerpts
Audition repertoire is available for students enrolled in the high school orchestra and wind symphony programs via Aspen.
Photos, Student Recordings, and Performance Programs
Throughout the summer, our roving staff photographers will post images to our SmugMug site at http://ica.smugmug.com. The site is free to use. You may view images at no charge; prints and other items may be purchased. While we strive to capture photos of as many campers as possible, we can not accept photo requests or guarantee that every camper will appear in the gallery.
Audio of many student performances is available online through Interlochen Public Radio: http://interlochenpublicradio.org/term/interlochen-recordings
Performance programs are located on the Archives website: http://archives.interlochen.org/ARTICA. Use the search bar near the top of the page. Try to be as specific as possible. Multiple search terms may be comma separated.
Other Useful Links
- Do-it-yourself (DIY) Camp Press Release - Download, complete the information and send to local news providers
- Lost and Found Lose an item while at Camp? Fill out this form and we'll do our best to find it and return it to you
- Luggage Tags/Shipping Labels
- Send your camper a "BunkNote" one-way email through Bunk1 - password is: Kresge
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Learn more about Camp life