Summer 2014 camp parents should log in to the Aspen Parent Portal to review the handbook, complete forms, and select elective classes (click here to see if your student's program includes electives). New camp parents will receive their Aspen username and password within 48 hours of signing an enrollment agreement and paying the camp deposit. Returning camp parents should use their Aspen username and password from last summer. The username is your email address; click "I forgot my password" on the log-in screen if you need to reset your password.
Completing Forms and Travel Information
- Arrival and Departure Information
- High School Division Parent Check List for Camp (June 21-August 4)
- Intermediate Division Parent Check List for Camp (June 21-August 4)
- Junior Division Parent Check List for Camp (June 22-August 1)
- Institute Parent Check List for Institutes (June 14-20)
- Click here to watch a video tutorial on completing the necessary forms in Aspen
- Click here to watch a video tutorial on how to choose electives in Aspen
Students in the Junior, Intermediate, and High School divisions wear a uniform. Order from the Scholarshop website at shop.interlochen.org. PLEASE NOTE: Students in one-week Institute programs do not wear uniforms.
Email questions or comments: email@example.com
The Student and Parent Handbooks
Performance Schedule and Ticket Ordering
The summer 2014 performance schedule is now available. You can view it as a calendar or use the event search. Or, click here for a list of all upcoming events. Schedule is subject to change. Some performances will be webcast live.
Click here to reach the Student Priority Ticket Ordering Information 2014. Students have the opportunity to attend performances that are part of the Interlochen Presents 2014 Interlochen Arts Festival performance series. If you would like your child to attend any of these concerts, tickets must be purchased using this process.
Photos on SmugMug and Student Recordings
Throughout the summer, our roving staff photographers will post images to our SmugMug site at http://ica.smugmug.com. The site is free to use. You may view images at no charge; prints and other items may be purchased.
While we strive to capture photos of as many campers as possible, we can not accept photo requests or guarantee that every camper will appear in the gallery.
Audio of many student performances is available online through Interlochen Public Radio: http://interlochenpublicradio.org/term/interlochen-recordings
Other Useful Links
- Do-it-yourself (DIY) Camp Press Release - Download, complete the information and send to local news providers.
- Lost and Found Lose an item while at Camp? Fill out this form and we'll do our best to find it and return it to you.
- Health Information - HIPAA and Privacy Practices
- Luggage Tags
- Send your camper a "BunkNote" one-way email through Bunk1.
- Current and archived photos: http://ica.smugmug.com
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Video: Interlochen Arts Camp, A Parent's Perspective
- Learn more about Camp life
- Recordings of students performances available on Interlochen Public Radio
Connect with Other Campers and Parents
- Interlochen Facebook Page - Meet former and future Interlochen campers and parents, and get the latest news updates from Interlochen.
- IACHScampers Yahoo! Group - Yahoo group for High School campers
- IACHSparents Yahoo! Group - Yahoo group for parents of High School campers
- IACINTcampers Yahoo! Group - Yahoo group for Intermediate camps
- IACINTparents Yahoo! Group - Yahoo group for parents of Intermediate campers
- IACJRcampers Yahoo! Group - Yahoo group for Junior campers
- IACJRparents Yahoo! Group - Yahoo group for parents of Junior campers
Summer 2014 Camper Directories (Coming in August 2014)
Each list is a case-sensitive password protected .pdf file. You will receive the password in our mailing that will be sent in August 2014.
- Institute & High School Divisions
- Intermediate Divisions
- Junior Divisions
Attending "Les Preludes"
August 3, 2014
The World Youth Symphony Orchestra season concludes with Strauss' "Death and Transfiguration," followed by the traditional final performance of Franz Liszt's "Les Preludes"—complete with the enormous forces of Interlochen's high school orchestras, bands, and dancers. Les Preludes is not to be missed.
Helpful Information Regarding "Les Preludes"
- This is a Free Event—No tickets are necessary
- There is room for everyone—Nobody is turned away
- Chairs—general seating is limited
- Lawn Seating—please bring a blanket or lawn chair
- Interlochen Arts Camp Family Section—NEW THIS YEAR—See below for more information
- Picnics are allowed
- Pets are NOT allowed—Service animals are the only exception
- Gates open at 6:30PM
- Line begins in earnest around 4PM, arriving late in the afternoon is sufficient to secure a place.
Interlochen Arts Camp Family Section
- A special section of approximately 450 seats will be reserved specifically for the families of Interlochen Campers
- Print and bring with you a pass for each member of your party
- Seating is limited—First come first served
- The pass does not guarantee you a seat
- If you wish to sit in this special section, please enter through the house left gate (This is the gate closest to Kresge and the restrooms)
- If you would rather sit on the lawn, you may enter through either gate.
About the Traverse City Area
If you will be dropping off or picking up your child, we hope that you will be able to spend some time in the beautiful Traverse City area. There's a lot to see and do, and we've put together some of our favorite Traverse City events, attractions, restaurants, and online resources.